1 lb Pork Tenderloin, cut into chunks
7-8 small potatoes, peeled, cut into chunks
8 small carrots, sliced into discs
1 medium onion, roughly chopped
NJS Fig Stout 3/4 of a jar
Bacon, 6 slices, diced
Spice rub, I made my own
1 can Ginger Beer
1 Cup Chicken broth
1 tsp salt
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp coriander
½ tsp black pepper
1 tsp chili powder
**** More or less of each spice according to likes/dislikes
2 tbsp flour
1) Mix spice rub ingredients in small bowl then add spice mix and flour to a Ziploc bag and add cut up tenderloin, shaking bag to coat pork
2) Using a heavy bottomed pot turn heat to medium and add bacon cooking until done 5-7 minutes then , remove the bacon with a slotted spoon to leave bacon grease… why not right… Add tenderloin and brown pork for 3-5 minutes or until nicely browned adding olive oil if needed
4) Add potatoes, carrots and onion and saute for 3-4 minutes or until onions start to turn translucent then add ginger beer to deglaze pan and add chicken broth
5) Turn up heat and bring to a boil, stirring to make sure to get up all the bits on the bottom, 2-3 minutes, then turn down heat to low and simmer for 25 minutes stirring halfway through
6) Add 3 heaping tablespoons of NJS Fig Stout bbq sauce and raise heat to medium for 6-8 minutes leaving cover off and stirring to make sure doesn’t stick to bottom of pot.
7) Remove from heat and add the rest of the NJS Fig Stout stirring to combine, serve with some crusty bread to sop up the sauce!!
Eat and Enjoy!!!